Conditions of PCTV/WTBR Membership
The act of selecting, and paying the appropriate fees for, any form of Pittsfield Community Cable Broadcasting Inc. (the parent corporation of Pittsfield Community Television and WTBR-FM, hereto referred to as “PCTV”) membership, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
- I understand that I (and where applicable, my family, group or organization and its identified members) am enrolled as a member of PCTV for one year, and will receive the benefits and responsibilities thereof, for the length of that term.
- I agree that I will abide by PCTV and/or WTBR-FM’s Operating Rules and Procedures and/or corporate By-Laws during my membership, as may from time to time be amended. I agree that to abide by these Operating Rules and Procedures following the length of my membership term where appropriate.
- I agree in perpetuity to indemnify and hold harmless PCTV, Spectrum Cable, the Pittsfield Public School Committee, and associated media organizations against any claims arising out of any program or program material produced and/or cablecast and/or broadcast, including but not limited to claims in the nature of libel, slander, invasion of privacy or publicity rights, noncompliance with applicable laws, license fees and unauthorized use of copyrighted material. I accept full legal responsibility for the actions of all individuals included under this membership, including all potential legal fees.
- I agree not to produce and/or cablecast and/or broadcast any programming from which revenue is derived, by any party, as well as programming which is to conduct trade or commerce. This stipulation does not include programming supported by underwriting grants or contributions of any kind, or programming supportive of PCTV or WTBR.
- I agree to assume full responsibility for damage to, or loss of, PCTV’s property or equipment resulting from negligent use. I agree to reimburse PCTV for the full market calue of suck equipment for replacement or repair. I understand that negligent use of equipment and facilities will result in forfeiture of the right to use such equipment in the future.
- I agree to use loaned equipment only for the purpose of producing video programming which will be cablecast, broadcast, or otherwise distributed by PCTV’s approved channels, unless given prior approval by staff, or in the case of an arranged rental.
- I understand that only members who are 18 years of age or older may borrow equipment or be a program producer.